The TAIL-GAIT at Red Hills returns!
Due to obvious popularity this option for spectators is modified in 2018 as follows:
- New option to add a second vehicle
- Returning tailgaters can renew or upgrade their spot before December 15
- New, pre-registered, tailgaters enjoy purchasing priority December 16 – January 15
- General sales began January 16
So bring the family, invite friends, or entertain clients when the Red Hills International Horse Trials brings back the TAIL-GAIT at Red Hills. Tailgate options range in price from $150 to $500 and each includes entrance to the park for six. (No wrist bands required for children twelve and under.)
Tailgate under the trees, under a tent, or out in the open. Bring your own food and beverage or let the official TAIL-GAIT at Red Hills caterer do the cooking for you. Enter the tailgate competition or just enjoy the day at Elinor Klapp-Phipps Park.
In addition to the general responsibilities that apply to all spectators, tailgaters are expected to adhere to the following additional requirements:
- TAILGATE PARKING PASSES & WRIST BANDS ARE VALID ON SATURDAY ONLY.
- No buses, campers, RVs, or other oversized vehicles permitted due to low hanging limbs on the entrance road.
- The Gate will open at 7:00 a.m. Tailgaters are urged to arrive early and plan accordingly. (Early set-up on Friday afternoon can be arranged when you contact us in advance.)
- Tailgate parking pass holders enter the park using Gate B and proceed to the designated tailgate checkpoint.
- No generators, blenders or other noisy equipment permitted.
- No grills, no open flame.
- Alcohol is permitted in the designated tailgate area. Do not take alcohol into other areas of the park.
- Know the rules that apply to your selected tailgate option including arrival window, set up, tent types, and departure times.
- Space is limited, advance purchase required. No refunds.
Feeling lucky? In the unlikely event there are tailgate spots still available on Saturday morning “Day Of” purchases will be offered at the discounted rate of $100.