Equestrian competitors and fans constitute an ideal market for high quality products and services. As a group they are well educated, have ample disposable income and the time to use it in pursuit of their passions. Other factors, including age and profession, make them a perfect target audience for companies seeking an upscale market.
- 85% are women
- 66% have a college degree
- Average income is $185,000
- 38% have a net worth over $500,000
- 80% make or directly influence purchasing decisions at work
- Average home market value is $594,000.
- 22% own two or more homes
- 40% live on a farm; 66% of those are ten acres or more
- Own three vehicles; 53% own a pick-up truck
- 63% have traded stocks, bonds or mutual funds in the last year
- Average 30 nights per year in a hotel. Equestrian enthusiasts are highly active and mobile. Forty-three percent take more than 16 airline trips a year. Over half have purchased a new automobile within the last year and 97.3% hold more than one credit card account.
* Research compiled from USEF